|DC United||Portland Timbers|
|GF / GA||5 / 12||10 / 9|
|Avg. Combined Goals||2.83||3.16|
|Clean Sheet %||17%||0%|
|Failed to Score||2||0|
|Failed to Score %||33%||0%|
|Points Per Match
|MLS Ranking||19th Overall||7th Overall|
|Conference Rank||10th East||3rd West|
|Form||9 matches w/o a win||10 matches unbeaten|
|Failed to Score||6||1|
|Fouls Committed Per Match
|PK Conversion Rate||0%||100%|
|Shots on Target||3.4||5.2|
|vs. WEST||vs. EAST|
|Goals||Lionard Pajoy 2||Will Johnson 5|
|Assists||Chris Pontius 2||Diego Valeri 4|
Since The aXe blo-1-G decided to take a day of rest ahead of DCaway, PO-double-D decided to follow the leader and bailout on this weeks episode. Instead of telling you all our uneducated opinions, this week we let you READ the top secret 5 Minutes to Kickoff unreleased “Episode 56″ show notes!!!!
This weeks team news
- Timbers U23s lost 1-0 to Charleston in the 100th edition of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
- The first-team Timbers will face Wilmington on Wed. If they win, they will face Seattle Sounders / Tampa Bay Rowdies winner
- Timbers signed former Chivas USA center back Raushawn McKenzie and released Ryan Kawoluk
- Ryan Johnson and Donovan Ricketts called up for Jamaica’s upcoming games
- NY gets a second team. Good, bad, indifferent?
Vancouver 2-2 Portland
- Odd game with Timbers unable to really find a rhythm
- Overcoming adversity: came back twice, lost a player to a red card, Nagbe injured
- Valencia’s goal, wow
- Even with team down it didn’t seem like they were going to lose
- Valeri was off his game
- What will get the team over the top from claiming one point to claiming three points?
Up Next: DC United
- [W-D-L] 1-2-8, 6GF, 20GA
- DCU is Coming off a 1-1 draw at home to SKC
- They give up a ton of set piece/corner, goals
- Timbers once again facing a team that doesn’t play much of a possession game
- DCU’s back four can be pressured into mistakes
What do you think?
What’s the word?